This page contains studies and other additional information on Suomirata, its effects and the needs for the development of the Finnish railway network. The mainline development needs and impacts have been assessed by the Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency, the Uusimaa Regional Council and the Tampere City Region, for example.
In the list below you can find further information in Finnish.
- The wider economic impact of the Tampere–Helsinki track corridor (Tampere Urban Area, 2018)
- Demand analysis for the Riihimäki–Tampere railway section (Finnish Transport Agency, 2018)
- Rail transport as an example in the regional plan – Case Pirkanmaa The main line from Tampere southwards (Council of Tampere Region, 2017)
- The wide-ranging and indirect impact of the Airport Railway (Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council, Finnish Transport Agency, 2018)
- Impact analysis for the Airport Railway (Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council, 2018)
- Finland Railway handbook (Council of Tampere Region, 2018)
- Suggestions concerning the new government platform – The Airport Railway and improvement of the main line’s capacity are key projects for Finland’s national and international competitiveness (Finland’s growth corridor, 2018)
- Rail transport makes it possible! (Ramboll, 2018)
- The long-distance railway track to the airport. Railway connection study. (Finnish Transport Agency, 2010)